• February 3Look out for our next print issue! (March)

Twenty One Pilots: Emotional Roadshow

Zoe Antoniadis, Staff Reporter

On February 28th, the famous alternative band known as Twenty One Pilots performed at Amalie Arena in Tampa. Their tour, Emotional Roadshow, was worldwide, hitting other big cities like New York City, Sydney, and London. The fast rising star, Jon Bellion, was their opening act. It’s no surprise that the Emotional Roadshow was such a huge success, selling out even the largest venues.

Twenty One Pilots was formed by Tyler Joseph, Nick Thomas, and Chris Salih in Columbus, Ohio in 2009. Thomas and Salih left the band in 2011 and were replaced by the drummer Josh Dun.

The musical duo released two albums before they were signed by Fueled By Ramen in 2012. They later released the album Vessel in 2013 and Blurryface in 2015, which ultimately kicked off their rise to fame.

Blurryface consisted of their fan-favorite single, “Stressed Out.” They even got the chance to record a song, “Heathens,” for the highly awaited movie, Suicide Squad, because of the attention they received from the popular single.

A few of the songs on the Blurryface album have been on Billboard Top 100, with “Stressed Out” at number 2 for 52 weeks and “Ride” at number 5 for 39 weeks.

In 2016 alone, Twenty One Pilots has been nominated for 22 awards and has won 13 of them from the MTV Music Awards, the AMAs, the Billboard Music Awards, and many others.

Jon Bellion, an up-and-coming artist, is opening for Twenty One Pilots during the Emotional Roadshow. Bellion recently gained fame with his newest album The Human Condition. Many are excited to see both artists live in the arena.

The Blurryface album and The Human Condition album have surely boosted the careers for both artists, and might be the most attended tour both have had yet. The show in Tampa sold out weeks before the show, along with 10 other of the 33 total shows.

Twenty One Pilots is known for having exciting concerts, and there’s no doubt that the addition of Jon Bellion made the concert an experience no one would want to miss.

“Past Twenty One Pilots concerts were really exciting, especially when you go with your best friends,” Abby Garry, an avid fan, said.

With Twenty One Pilots and Jon Bellion quickly growing their fanbase, 2017 will surely bring more popular awards, sold out concerts, and euphonic new music.