• April 19Yearbook distribution April 25; extra books on sale April 27, $80 CASH only, room 4-115

Eclipse of Palm Harbor

Kaitlyn Pamplona, Staff Reporter

Most of the nation gathered to watch the incredible solar eclipse, while others were uninterested and stayed inside using their phones or doing something much more interesting to them.

On August 21, 2017 a total solar eclipse took place in the US and it has been 38 years since the last total solar eclipse has passed over the US. The many who were interested in watching the solar eclipse gathered their special eclipse glasses and traveled to places where the totality of the solar eclipse could be viewed. The others stayed at home or school just ignoring it.

The many people, such as sophomore, Leah Stafford and freshman, Georgia Burcham, were excited to see the eclipse. They agreed that it was an amazing experience.

“We were running on the track with the swimming and diving team while the eclipse was happening. Every now then we would borrow somebody’s solar eclipse glasses to look at the moon go over the sun a little bit. We probably wouldn’t see another one in awhile so it was a really cool experience.” said Stafford and Burcham.

Freshman, Olivia Kent decided to go hang out by the Dunedin Causeway while watching the eclipse. She was looking forward to seeing something she has never seen before.

“I went to the Dunedin Causeway with my family and friends to watch the solar eclipse. It was pretty cool, but I didn’t like how it stayed sunny outside,” said Kent.

A few people were not as excited as others. Freshman Lena Duque and junior Olivia Whiddon thought it was not as cool as they expected.

“My parents made me go watch the solar eclipse in the backyard with them and it was cool at first but it wasn’t that amusing because the sky didn’t get dark at all. It barely changed,” said Duque.

“The solar eclipse was lame and I didn’t really like it because it was boring and the moon barely went over the sun from my point of view,” said Whiddon.

The total solar eclipse was an incredible experience for a lot of people and they were glad to have seen a solar eclipse because it is very rare for a total solar eclipse to occur. Uninterested students had different thoughts and were not very intrigued. The total solar eclipse that happened on August 21, 2017 was experienced different ways from all different perspectives from students at Palm Harbor.