• April 19Yearbook distribution April 25; extra books on sale April 27, $80 CASH only, room 4-115

Frosted Sunrise

A new drink on the menu to jump into spring

Emma Behrmann, Copy Editor

Chick-Fil-A, the fast food restaurant adored by Palm Harbor students has added a new menu item, the Frosted Sunrise.

Vanilla ice cream and orange juice mixed together creates a perfect orange creamsicle-like frozen drink that will be available now until June 2, for a price of $2.85. The seasonal drink was first released March 5 and should quickly gain popularity.

The Frosted Sunrise is similar to the Frosted Lemonade. The chain’s IceDream vanilla ice cream is combined with Simply Orange orange juice instead of lemonade. This combination results in a creamy, yet tangy drink with a consistency in between a smoothie and a milkshake.

“The ice cream and orange flavor goes well together and is not overpowering. It is blended well so you can’t tell the separate flavors apart,” sophomore Mackenzie Mills said.

The subtle tang of orange and creamy sweetness from the ice cream compliment each other well. The blending of these two flavors creates a spring/summer-like feel.

Seasonal drinks are featured at most chain food places like the Shamrock Shake at McDonald’s, or pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. Beverages that are only available for a short amount of time draw attention and hype to the chain when they return. Maybe the Frosted Sunrise will have the same effect.

Despite the well balanced flavors, the drink is rich and heavy so consuming a large amount of the beverage or attempting to drink it quickly would result in feeling sick. Also, the name (Frosted Sunrise) may be misleading, because the word sunrise makes people think of tropical, summer-like fruits, not just oranges.

Overall, trying the Frosted Sunrise when it is available is vital in forming an individual opinion. But from the consistency, get the small.