• October 3Senior Yearbook Ad Page - early deadline Oct. 8 - lowest price!

• May 23Senior Portraits Deadline extended to Oct. 6

• April 19 Yearbooks on sale now through Dec. 31, $60, online at phuhs.org

Why you shouldn’t vote.

This is a satirical story highlighting the ridiculous views of people who advocate for not voting.

Matt Blake, Editor-In-Chief

Voting doesn’t mean anything; the whole system is rigged. These politicians are out there preventing voters from voting and the best way I can protest is to show them I won’t even vote anyway.

Through history we have seen repeatedly that voting means nothing. The government will gerrymander, suppress and do anything they can to keep people from voting. This is not democracy, we cannot advocate for our wants and our needs to change our government. Nobody can do anything to stop our government from keeping our voices down.

Even if you believe in your values, what if you cannot overthrow the majority? Florida voted Republican in the 2016 election.

So, what’s the point of voting in Florida? Left leaning voters can’t make any difference in a state that is voting Republican. Trump and the Republican party are taking over this state and there is no point for the Democrats to even try. It is impossible to get enough people to vote that would overthrow the majority party.

Voting is a good cover for all the dictators to do their work. They use the voting system to make civilians think their voice has an audience. The political views the American public has will never be heard. The only thing we can do is withdrawal from the system that we have.

In this country, everyone must realize how little a vote means. When everything is controlled by the bourgeoisie, there is no point to speak out for the good.

The government has also taken drastic measures to keep people from voting. Teeangers like the ones in our school must go online and fill out a whole form. Typing for a whole sum of five minutes, taking up time that could be used scrolling through Instagram or bringing up a Snapchat score.

People of our age and the generation above will try and get teenagers to register for voting. They try to have us vote for no reason at all.

On the November 6 midterm elections show your rebellion against our current government by not casting your vote.