Pumpkin Spice vs. Peppermint

The big debate is whether pumpkin spice or peppermint is superior.

Erin Behrmann

Winter is right around the corner, grab something pumpkin spice while it is here!

Erin Behrmann, Co-Editor in Chief

With winter right around the corner and fall passing us by, this means pumpkin spice will soon be in the past and peppermint will be starting up. Students fill the line at Starbucks, Dunkin’ and maybe even Chick-fil-A, but it all depends on if they are a pumpkin spice fan or peppermint fan.
Although this debate can be based on whether you like fall or winter, it is really about what you like in this Florida weather and what taste you prefer.

Usually people already have their set drinks that they like, so it varies on what pairs best or maybe even what someone waits all year for.
On top of the flavor, it also is a preference of where they like the drink better. With winter around the corner, a lot of the fall drinks will be gone soon, bringing in the loved peppermint flavor.

“I prefer peppermint mocha because it puts me in the mood for Christmas and cold weather,” Riley Thomas (‘23) said. “My favorite season is winter which matches my favorite flavor, but Starbucks will always be superior to Dunkin’,” Thomas said.

While some people enjoy the taste of coffee, others would rather sit down with a nice hot drink or even a milkshake. Beside the controversy of Dunkin’ and Starbucks, some prefer Chick-fil-A for their winter drinks.

“I don’t drink coffee, but I do like peppermint milkshakes since I love the winter time and this matches up with my favorite season. I love the peppermint shakes from Chick-fil-A, they put me in a good mood because I know Christmas is just around the corner,” Karissa Utegaard (‘22) said.

But in other times, some students’ favorite of the two may simply depend on the taste rather than what season the drink is in. Some may prefer peppermint but love the fall, or vice versa.

“Winter is my favorite season, however, I do not like the taste that peppermint leaves in my mouth, I just like pumpkin flavored coffee better. I get pumpkin spice drinks from Starbucks normally because it is sweet but also very flavorful,” Savannah Provenzano (‘22) said.

The debate of pumpkin spice vs. peppermint will continue, since it can not be settled. Although the flavor of fall is an all time favorite, so is the taste of Christmas. Which one do you prefer? Pumpkin or peppermint?

Do you prefer pumpkin spice or peppermint?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.