iPhone 8 uproar

Zoe Antoniadis, Staff Reporter

Shortly after the uproar for the iPhone 7 had ceased, Apple announced their plans to release yet another controversial device. Rumors have been going around for the new iPhone 8 recently, and consumers should expect never-before-seen futuristic features.

The iPhone 8 is expected to be released in September of 2017, and Apple fans are already saving up to buy it. The new iPhone will probably retail for around 800-900 dollars. This is a lot to shell out for a new phone, but this will knock the price of the iPhone 7 and 7 plus, which is good news for people coveting the currently new model.

800 dollars may seem like a lot for a phone, and it is, but some may say it’s worth it for what Apple is offering. The company is planning to release a built-in projector for the iPhone 8, really putting their phones at the top of the market.

Though Apple seems like they can achieve anything, some of their plans may be a bit too ambitious. Apple releases a new model every September, but the new OLED screen may change that. This screen and 3D camera change may set back the release date of the iPhone 8, or pave the path for a potential iPhone 7s.

Even with the expensive price point, die-hard Apple fans are planning on buying the new model ASAP. “The iPhone 8 sounds like it’s going to be revolutionary, and I just have to have it!”, says Abby Garry.

Though the route Apple is taking is unclear, their expected improvements are exciting fans already. With a built-in projector and the new OLED screen, the iPhone 8 is definitely going to amaze users and keep Apple at the top of the smartphone hierarchy.