• May 23Senior Portraits Due Sept. 29

• April 19 Yearbooks on sale now through Dec. 31, $60, online at phuhs.org

IB Done

Kate Hamric, Staff Reporter

Four years are over and 103 students have something big to celebrate. The International Baccalaureate senior class of 2018 gathered together on April 29 at Innisbrook to celebrate their hard work over the years.

At 3 p.m. the senior students arrived at Innisbrook hall to begin taking their final senior pictures and hang out with their friends before they begin their final exams.

The IB boosters began to decorate early on Sunday morning by setting up the banquet room, putting up streamers , and setting up the dance room. The Boosters is made up parents of the students who have made their contribution to help pay for all the events they IB program may need.

“Getting through four years of IB with all the people in my class really brought us together. We learned more about each other every time we were up at 1 a.m. with each other doing homework,” Emma Huerta said.

The actual celebration began at 5 p.m. on Sunday April 29 where all of the graduating IB seniors and their family began to gather in the main banquet hall. They received many awards from the four long years they have been in the IB program.

At the celebration teachers and students gave their thoughts of their past four years and their thoughts of where they will go one day. IB English teacher, Mr. Tharin, and IB math teacher, Mrs. Bride, gave a speech to remind the students of all the memories they have made together over the years and to encourage the students that after they graduate he is sure they will get to do amazing things.

“Giving up was not an option for me. I was determined to get through the four years and it was one of the craziest experiences I ever had,” Melissa Crain said.

IB Valedictorian, Arshad Mandani , then stood in front of his fellow classmates and their families to tell them how great he felt that the IB program had helped him throughout the years.

All the laughs and tears from the banquet, the 103 seniors all gathered in one of the close halls to have their last dance together.

After four long years of waking up early together in the morning and staying up late a night to finish homework together they will finally be splitting up at the end of May. All 24 different colleges that they will be at are going to be lucky to have such talented and intelligent students.