• April 19 Yearbooks on sale now through Dec. 31, $60, online at phuhs.org

FCA Club

Back to Article
Back to Article

FCA Club

Kaitlyn Pamplona, Staff Reporter

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” This is one of the most recognizable quote from the Bible, John 3:16. David Macfarlane and Bobbie Zuelke are sponsors for a remarkable club called FCA.

FCA stands for Fellowship Of Christian Athletes, and they are a group of students that get together every Wednesday during both lunches to discuss some topics concerning Christianity. During meetings they have a guest speaker, or a student speaker. Students share what they’ve learned at church, break down some bible verses, and discuss the importance of Christianity. Students enjoy coming together as one and learning more about their faith and how to strengthen it.

“They meet together to encourage each other to live lives that glorify Jesus Christ,” Macfarlane said.

Last week during the first lunch FCA meeting, there was a student speaker, junior, Shady Mina who spoke about the power of prayer.

“The power of prayer can change what people think is impossible, and make it possible,” Mina said.

During the second lunch meeting, junior, Colette Kania, the president of the club pulled up a video called “Shaken” featuring Tim Tebow. In this video Tim Tebow discussed the importance of glorious miracles of Jesus and how it got him to succeed in life. The students were inspired and amazed about how one bible verse changed the life of over millions of people.

“Shaken was a great video to watch because the students get to understand, and see that the role of Jesus is very important in our lives,” Kania said.

“This is a great group of Christian athletes that stick together, and motivate each other,” sophomore Raygen Bostick said.

Students have an opportunity to join this club, and learn more about Christianity, and strengthen their faith. They also get the chance to make new friends and be involved in a kind community. Anybody can join the club if they are looking for a new interest, and curious about learning about a religion.